Sunday, March 12, 2023

Toxic Chemicals In My Car

 We filmed today! I'm so happy with how all the shots turned out, and after a long day of running around town and gathering some supplies we need and getting into some questionable places to get the perfect angle.. we have what we need! Everything went as smoothly as it could go thankfully. We did realize that our corkboard was looking a little bit empty so we decided to find some more pictures to add to it. We went to CVS to print everything we needed and then went back to Mariana's house to begin the filming process. 

Mariana printing pictures at CVS


When we came back, we rearranged Mariana's room further in a way that we thought better represented Amelia's character. We moved around some furniture and changed the bedsheets to give it a more mature look. We also made sure that the corkboard looked the way we wanted it before we started to film anything.

Mariana putting the finishing touches on the corkboard

Crouching in the back of my car to get the right shot


Next, we began to film. We started filming outside where Amelia gets her supplies out of the back of a car. We kept making mistakes, between me not liking the angle or Mariana closing the trunk wrong so it took a few takes and some contortion from me to get an angle I liked. We also really wanted to incorporate a shot of Amelia dropping her bucket on the floor, and we accidentally put too much water into the bucket. This caused a few spills on our set, but it did create a more authentic cleaning scene!!

A little bit of a blooper!




There was one particular shot that I really fell in love with and it just happens to be our final shot. I feel that it really helps summarize Amelia's love for her inn. I can't wait to begin editing all of this footage and I hope this section goes as smoothly as filming did. Mariana and I agreed that if there was an issue with any of the footage that we would refilm the scenes we need to during spring break. For now, here's my favorite shot from the entire day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Today I am proud to present... our final project! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do! Click here to view my project.